♔ MYTHS, LEGENDS AND FOLKLORE » M E R R O W
It’s in a gown of sea foam she’ll fist be seen; her voice the lure to a watery grave, but perhaps this time she’ll find the man she intends to keep. She’s neither friend nor foe, looking on as ships sink like stones and life boats snap like twigs, though to many a lost soul she’s the final face they’ll see.
Mermaid (Merrow reinterpretation), June 2006
In Irish folklore, “merrows” are mermaids that collect drowned souls to display in their homes. I thought it was fitting that they’d also live in shipwrecks :)
SO HE WAS HOT THE WHOLE TIME AND WE JUST DIDN’T KNOW IT.
Citizens of the world, we have been deceived.
Unintentionally sexually suggestive cartoons. This is why the Internet was created.
Pass this on Tumblr
This is actually pretty important
very important information
ugh this illegal copy i downloaded is of shitty quality
THIS IS NOT WHAT I DIDN’T PAY FOR.
Why D&D can’t write woman part one(x)
- is reduced to the depressing stereotype of “strange foreign seductress with evil morals”.
- mock davos for his son’s death.
- taunts davos and pretty much blames the battle of blackwater on him.
- has an evil vagina.
- is reduced to nothing more than a nice ass and a mad woman.
- seduces stannis.
- actually gets naked at all apart from the birthing scene.
- pretty much only used to be a sexual object or an antagonistic socio-path.
- manipulates selyse into madness.
- taunts maester cressen, and gives him a smug look as he dies.
- is shown as “evil” when allowing people to burn, while daenerys is shown as a “hero” when doing so.
- never mocks maester cressen, is never cruel to him.
- knows that cressen wants to poison her, but tells him that he doesn’t have to, giving him an outlet and a choice.
- is friendly with selyse, but doesn’t manipulate her into madness.
- doesn’t manipulate selyse into burning her own brother.
- is only implied to have slept with stannis.
- offers her condolences to davos for his loss.
- actually respects ser davos.
- her drive of helping stannis and saving the realm is a lot more proufound.
- is much more than a sex object with questionable morals.
- is regarded as a very beautiful woman, but not a sex object.
- makes devan stay at the wall, cause she wishes not for davos to lose any more sons.
- doesn’t care that davos never swears to harm her.
- is the only one to visit davos when he is imprisoned.
- is actually a human being, with human emotions.
- doesn’t blame davos for stannis’ loss at the blackwater, cause davos was not the once to convince stannis not to bring her along.
do you ever get weirded out by the fact that everyone around you is constantly within their own mind and thinking a million secret thoughts and battling internal struggles just like you and that you’re not the only one who thinks these things and that the people around you aren’t just faces meant to fill up your life but they’re actually really deep people who have a lot more to them than you ever actually even think about